This project demonstrates how to add and customize security features in ASP.NET MVC 4 (SimpleMembership) and MVC 5 (ASP.NET Identity). Developed using C#.
This project provides a library and reference application for ASP.NET MVC 4 (SimpleMemberhsip) and MVC 5 (ASP.NET Identity) that illustrates:
- How to customize the user profile to include new properties.
- How to enable migrations
- How to seed the database.
- How to decouple the identity provider from the main ASP.NET MVC project providing a layered approach that hides the storage mechanism from the models, views and controllers.
- How to add email confirmation using a token.
- How to add password reset using a token.
- How to add basic authentication to Web API's.
- How to decouple your security model from your application domain.