This project is read-only.

Including Asp.net Simple Membership Tables as Part of Your Entity Framework Model

May 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Edited May 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Hello Kevin,
As I already said before to you, I am following the tutorial this link: [http://blog.spontaneouspublicity.com/including-asp-net-simple-membership-tables-as-part-of-your-entity-framework-model] to integrate tables SimpleMembership. I'm trying to adapt the example I mentioned the link with your tutorial SimpleMembership.
I ask you, is there any problem in trying to put SimpleMembership tables within my database that contains the tables to my web system??

May 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I can see where there may be some issues when you mix and max the approaches taken in SimpleSecurity and the blog you reference. The blog referenced uses attributes to specify details of the database schema whereas SimpleSecurity uses the Fluent API. Probably the biggest difference is that SimpleSecurity does not use POCOS for the membership tables but relies on using WebSecurity.InitializeDatabaseConnection to create the membership table if needed. By doing this SimpleSecurity is less impacted if Microsoft comes up with database schema changes in future versions of SimpleMembership. I will have to look at the authors blog to see if he discusses in more detail in later posts on why you would want to use his approach. Why are you trying to mix both approaches? Is there something in SimpleSecurity that is missing from the example shown in the referenced blog post?
May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Edited May 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Good morning Kevin, thanks for the feedback.
To answer your question, I would like to access tables created for SimpleMembership, the same way that access and work my private tables of my database in my project. So I understand that the idea of uniting in the same database, tables SimpleMembership with private tables of my proejto.
I would like, if possible, to use Linq with tables SimpleMemberShip.