What would you ideally remove as a reference in SimpleSecurity.AspNetIdentity.RefApp

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:25 AM
Hi there,

I have been looking for something like your code sample for ages. I feel that the default Microsoft scoffolding messes with a developers head and you feel like "geez I can't change that, it's there for a reason!"

Anyway before I start can I confirm with you that the web project "AspNetIdentityRefApp" is just there so you can compare the new way of doing things to the old way?

Here is an image of the references in SimpleSecurity.AspNetIdentity.RefApp:

So I should focus on the SimpleSecurity.AspNetIdentity.RefApp web project and its dependencies?

So here is my question. What from the following would you love to remove from the references in SimpleSecurity.AspNetIdentity.RefApp.

EntityFramework - I think this is ok as it's only referenced by the web.config so it is not really a reference, it's just used to set up config for other layers?

EntityFramework.SqlServer - As above with EntityFramework , I think this is ok as it's only referenced by the web.config so it is not really a reference, it's just used to set up config for other layers?

Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework - I feel this shouldn't be there as it is only there so we get to use SimpleSecurity.AspNetIdentity.ApplicationUser in Entities. I could use something like auto mapper to map to a local web model and map up and down to the entity right? This means I would be able to break the dependency on Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework right?

Just want your feedback before I begin as I am passionate about build great code.

What you think?

thanks
Russ
www.russellmccloy.com